Today, I did a few things that were self-care (something I struggle with).
1. I took the day off from work and disconnected from email and other technology by about 20%. For me, this is pretty good considering I am a workaholic. So yes, I was off but still working remotely.
2. I made a campfire and chilled out by the pond. I enjoyed a few Saranac beers too.
3. I have been thinking about this for several months and finally decided to rededicate attention to Young Living. This is part of our farm’s holistic focus. [I've reactivated my distributor account. If you are interested in learning more, please let me know. They offer way more than in years past (essential oils, at home, healthy living, pets, and more). https://www.myyl.com/naturalhorseloverfarm ]
4. I did a guided meditation using my Gaia account. During the meditation, I saw all of my past animals. They stood on logs and floated by as if they were saying hello and showing solidarity, that there were with me, that they loved me and were there to support me. It was wonderful and made me tear up big time. It was just what I needed. [This is a service I offer at the farm. It was great to enjoy it for myself. http://www.naturalhorseloverfarm.com/holistic-healing.html ]
5. I enjoyed time with the dogs. I love them.
6. I started blogging again. My version of journaling. http://www.naturalhorseloverfarm.com/blog
7. This week I kicked butt and got to exercising above and beyond farm stuff. YEAH!
I had a really good day that ended in chaos. Without going into extreme detail, let's just say that an elderly family member now lives on our property and she has issues, major ones. Life can go from pretty good to extremely horrible in a moment. Tonight was one of those times.
Rather than engage in the situation, I did what the counselors recommended and removed myself from the situation. It was not a safety issue and I was told it was okay to just leave and walk away, that is what I did. She is my husband's kin and his responsibility.
I also took a few moments and did a mindful, guided meditation.
During the meditation, I saw all of my past animals. They stood on logs and floated by as if they were saying hello and showing solidarity, that there were with me, that they loved me and were there to support me. It was wonderful and made me tear up big time. It was just what I needed.
If you've not done a meditation, let me know. Guided meditation in particular is amazing. Wow., wow, wow.
Without the skills to know when you walk away, meditation, and other self care modalities, I think I'd die or have to move away. Life is hard right now but livable if I concentrate on self-care.
Talk care of yourselves, it is necessary and important - something I often forget. I am great at caring for others, just not myself.
The image is my yoga frog, a treasure on the farm. :)
Learn more about guided meditation offered at Natural Horse Lover Farm!
I have been thinking about this for several months and finally decided to rededicate attention to Young Living. I've reactivated my distributor account. If you are interested in learning more, please let me know. They offer way more than in years past (essential oils, at home, healthy living, pets, and more).
I have been working on myself, my health, and that of my animals and household, this just felt right. I cannot explain it except to say that the universe was speaking to me and I am listening.Lots of changes are going on, not just this but it is part of the puzzle!
Natural Horse Lover Farm, LLC
Here is the link to my website (which will also be linked on the farm page).
Michelle Young is a horse lover, animal advocate, Reiki Master Teacher, holistic healer, Parelli Savvy Club Gold Member and Level 3 Student, academic library director, professor, and more. Contact Michelle.
This blog was created to share my life-long journey with horses and holistic health. I write about horsemanship, healthy, holistic living, and just about anything else that passes through my mind. Enjoy!
NHLF Blog Archives
To read all of our blog posts, be sure to visit our previous blog, Natural Horse Lover by Savvy Horse Girl (RSS feed below)
Any topics, teachings, services, or recommendations are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, ailment, injury, or the like. Anyone suffering from, or having a pet suffering from any issue should consult with a physician, veterinarian, naturopath, herbalist, or other health care professional. Any services here are offered are not a replacement for a veterinarian or other medical care. Please always seek medical attention or veterinary attention whenever deemed necessary and appropriate.
5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
7:30 am - 10:30 am
5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
8:30 am - 10:30 pm
Open most holidays and outside of regular operating hours upon request.
2130 State Highway 11C
P.O. Box 131
North Lawrence, New York 12967