Each FREE ticket is for one person and one dog to enter the obstacle and costume contests. Entrants also need a Winter Carnival button for entry (purchased separately). Buttons will be available on site for $2 each and at other carnival locations.
***PLEASE READ ALL FAQs AND LIABILITY RELEASE BELOW BEFORE ORDERING YOUR TICKET***
This event is a no experience required, fun event put together to celebrate the Tri-Town Winter Carnival. If you'd like to arrive early and warm up, you may do so. Please arrive no earlier than 12:30pm. After warm-up time, the event will begin promptly at 1:00pm. Each contestant will complete the course while being timed on how fast they can do the course with their canine companion. The fastest contestants in the small, medium, and large categories win a prize! The time limit for the course is 5 minutes. Be sure to bring treats for your dog as a reward for successful obstacles!
This contest will immediately follow the obstacle course competition. Contestants will have 15 minutes to get ready. Dress up your beloved canine in your favorite costume and parade around the arena. The judge's favorite will win a prize.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Participants under the age of 18 shoud be accompanied by an adult.
How many dogs may I bring to the event?
One ticket is for one person with one dog. People should only bring one dog per person. There will not be additional volunteers to handle extra dogs.
Are there requirements for my dog?
All owners must bring a copy of their dog's written proof of vaccination from the veterinarian indicating that the dog has a current rabies, distemper, and kennel cough vaccination. This document will be kept and filed at NHLF.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please bring your ticket and Winter Carnival button to the event. We will have buttons available for purchase ($2) if you do not have one.
Is there anything else I should bring to the event?
Bring dog treats and a chair.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Michelle Young, Owner Natural Horse Lover Farm, LLC.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY -- BY REQUESTING A TICKET FOR THIS EVENT AND PARTICIPATING YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
I understand that obstacle training (agility) is an activity that is held in the presence of other dogs and their owners/handlers. I also understand that the participation of my dog and myself in the event will require some physical activity on my part and on the part of my dog. I also understand that this activity will involve running among obstacles on my part, and running, jumping, and the use of obstacles such as tunnels, scaling planks and walls, teeter totters, jumps, tires, and other obstacles which could result in injury to me, to my dog, or to others. I agree, represent, and warrant:
1) That I am in good health and can perform the physical activities necessary.
2) That my dog is in good health and can perform the physical activities necessary.
3) That my dog and I are both in physical condition to participate in the sport of dog agility.
4) That I further represent that my dog is friendly and not a hazard to persons or other dogs. I agree to take any steps requested by my instructor, the class coordinator, or the training/event director if they feel that my dog is a hazard to persons or other dogs.
5) That I further agree to keep my dog under control at all times, to carefully watch him at all times when he is not confined to a crate or other similar device, and not to allow him to interfere with the participation of others in these activities.
6) That I understand that my dog and I are participating at my own risk, and that Natural Horse Lover Farm, LLC. cannot in any way assume any responsibility for the health or safety or myself or my dog(s).
7) That I will not hold Natural Horse Lover Farm, LLC, the Owner(s) of the training sites, the staff, or any other persons or entities associated with this event and business liable for any loss, injury, illness, expense or other incident or hardship that may arise in connection with my participation and/or my dog’s participation in the activity.
8) That I further agree to assume full responsibility and liability for any and all injury or damage caused in any way by my dog(s) or myself. That I further agree to reimburse any person for any damage that I or my dog does or cause to another person, dog, equipment, or personal or business property.
Michelle Young is a horse lover, animal advocate, Reiki Master Teacher, holistic healer, Parelli Savvy Club Gold Member and Level 3 Student, academic library director, professor, and more. Contact Michelle.
This blog was created to share my life-long journey with horses and holistic health. I write about horsemanship, healthy, holistic living, and just about anything else that passes through my mind. Enjoy!
NHLF Blog Archives
To read all of our blog posts, be sure to visit our previous blog, Natural Horse Lover by Savvy Horse Girl (RSS feed below)
Any topics, teachings, services, or recommendations are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, ailment, injury, or the like. Anyone suffering from, or having a pet suffering from any issue should consult with a physician, veterinarian, naturopath, herbalist, or other health care professional. Any services here are offered are not a replacement for a veterinarian or other medical care. Please always seek medical attention or veterinary attention whenever deemed necessary and appropriate.
5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
7:30 am - 10:30 am
5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
8:30 am - 10:30 pm
Open most holidays and outside of regular operating hours upon request.
2130 State Highway 11C
P.O. Box 131
North Lawrence, New York 12967